BROADWAY LIMITED (HO SCALE)
PENNSYLVANIA RR L1SA 2-10-0
ALL NEW "ROLLING THUNDER" PARAGON 3 SOUND & OPERATION SYSTEM (WORKS IN BOTH DC AND DCC ENVIRONMENTS)
PRR’s I1s decapod design was so successful that by 1924, this 2-10-0 was considered the standard heavy freight hauler of the railroad up until WWII. In 1930, the original I1s underwent a revision of the cylinder steam vents to admit steam for 78% of the stroke. This boosted tractive effort from 90,000 to 96,000 lbs and made the new class I1sa. Through the years, many I1s engines were changed over to the modified I1sa design. By July 1947, the 598-unit fleet was divided into 109 I1s and 489 I1sa locomotives. They remained in service until the end of PRR steam in 1957.
Decapods outperformed Mikado L1’s by a whopping 41% more horsepower while consuming 12% less steam. Nicknames for the type included Decs and Hippos, the latter possibly from the fat boiler.
DID YOU KNOW? The I1sa short tender (90F82) has coal board sides that are bent inward a few degrees. Even the most expensive of brass models have missed this detail. BLI’s I1sa will properly model this detail—an industry first. Thank you, PRRT&HS Modeling Committee, especially Bob Johnson, for your keen eyes!
- ALL-NEW Paragon3 Sound & Control System FEATURING "ROLLING THUNDER"
- Synchronized PUFFING SMOKE with Chuff Sound
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and timing
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes
- Prototypical Light Operation with Golden White LED Headlight, Rear Light
- Factory Installed Engineer and Fireman Figures
- Near-Brass Caliber Detail at a Plastic Price
- ABS Body with Heavy Die Cast chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Locomotive + Tender Length (coupler to coupler): 11.6 inches
- Locomotive Weight: 13 oz.
- Tender Weight: 7 oz.
- Metal Kadee-compatible Couplers (2)
- All-Driver Drive and All-Wheel Electrical Pick-up except for pilot trucks/trailing trucks
- Separately Applied Handrails, Ladders, Whistle, and Brass Bell
- Operating Cab Roof Vents
- Will Operate on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches
- Accurate prototypical sounds for the PRR I1sa